UK Nannies Matter Campaign
Welcome to the UK Nannies Matter Campaign. A passionate, strong and heartfelt campaign which has been built by three leading Childcare and Education Professionals
We believe the Nanny Industry should be recognised and awarded regulation. After working in or alongside the industry for many years, we now believe this to be an imperative move within the Early Years sector.
Join us in successfully developing and delivering a safer, higher-quality and regulated industry.
UK Nannies Matter campaign aims to have Nannies recognised as Professionals by advocating and regulating Nannies in all childcare settings within the United Kingdom.
This campaign aims to set minimum standards to become a Professional Nanny. To outline a Nanny pay-scale based on continuing education (CPD) and experience. To encourage policymakers to ensure the safeguarding of children by regulating Nannies. To establish a governing body. For parents to feel confident about who they employ as their Nanny to take care of their children within the home setting.
Advocating for Nannies in the Early Years Sector:
- Creating a pay scale of salary in a grade format.
- Providing terms and conditions of employment through an employment contract.
- Creating a minimum requirement of knowledge and qualifications to benchmark a Professional Nanny.
- Providing a credible CPD journey to allow Professional Nannies to adhere to maintain a certain standard within the industry.
- Establishing a system/register that recognises credible Nannies, similar to Ofsted regulating Childminders/Nurseries.
Providing Regulation would:
- Revise the quality and standard of care in the home-based Early Years Sector.
- To give Nannies a scale to work towards, giving them a vision, career path and guidance.
- Give parents the reassurance of grades of childcare and value for salaries offered.
- Safeguard children.
- Increase the general safety of Nannies while working in the industry and ensure the safety of children cared for.
Proposed Minimum Requirements of Professional Status:
- A recognised childcare qualification of study of at least 1 year-e.g. Cache L3 in Childcare/Early Years Foundation Degree.
- Nanny Insurance.
- DBS Enhanced Certificate.
- 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid.
Regulating Nannies is a necessity, as it establishes a high-quality of childcare, safeguards children and empowers Nannies as a Professional.